Tourbillon 24 Secondes ArchitectureReference# GF24SA
- Limited Edition: 65 Pieces (2022- 2025)
- Case: Titanium and synthetic sapphire crystal • Three-dimensional, variable geometry bezel with raised engraved text • Synthetic sapphire crystal over the entire periphery of the caseband • Three-dimensional, variable geometry lugs, hand-polished with handfinished straight graining • Transparent back with synthetic sapphire crystal • Titanium security screws • Raised engraving “Architecture 1” and “Greubel Forsey"
- Size: 47.05 mm x 16.80 mm
- Movement: Inclined at a 25° angle, 24-seconds rotation • Light alloy cage pillars • Titanium cage bridges • Gold counterweight
- Power Reserve: approximately 90 hr
- Water Resistance: 50 m
- Dial: Three-dimensional, variable geometry hour-ring, indexes with Super-LumiNova • Power-reserve indicator, circular-grained, engraved and lacquered • Gold small second indicator, circular-grained, polished flank
- Caseback: sapphire crystal
- Hands: Hours and minutes, curved profile, polished steel with Super-Luminova • Small seconds, red triangle • Power-reserve rack, circular-grained, polished beveling, straight-grained flanks • 24-seconds double-tipped, black anodized aluminum
- Strap/Bracelet: Non-animal material, rubber with text in relief, titanium folding clasp, engraved GF logo
The Tourbillon 24 Secondes Architecture is unlike any Greubel Forsey timepiece ever created. Its case is wholly atypical, its construction purposeful, its components sculptural, their mechanical interplay kinetic and the movement – simply spectacular! This new Greubel Forsey calibre within a new convex conical frustrum case shape represents a complete departure from traditional movement construction and aesthetics and brings an architectural experience to the wrist.
Its components are suspended in space, revealing a harmonious composition of surfaces, shapes and movements. The case showcases the spectacle within firstly through the large opening on the dial side, encompassed by relief-engraved Greubel Forsey values that inspired this creation: Architecture, Harmonie, Innovation, Technique, Bienfacture, Passion, Science, Exclusivité, Créativité.
While the case looks perfectly round when observed from the dial side, it reveals its convex shape from other angles, along with its large synthetic sapphire crystal ring which envelopes the entire periphery of the case band. Greubel Forsey has been integrating lateral sapphire crystal apertures since as early as 2007, but has never before rendered a movement visible from above, below, and from every angle around the case band.