GMT Balancier ConvexeReference# GF_GMT_BC
- Limited Edition: 66 Pieces (2022- 2024)
- Case: Titanium and synthetic sapphire crystal • Three-dimensional, variable geometry bezel with raised engraved text • Synthetic sapphire crystal over the entire periphery of the caseband • Three-dimensional, variable geometry lugs, hand-polished with handfinished straight graining • Transparent back with synthetic sapphire crystal • Titanium security screws • Raised engraving “Architecture 1” and “Greubel Forsey"
- Size: 46.50 mm x 13.75 mm
- Movement: Synthetic sapphire disc displaying city names surrounded by 2 rings (UTC and summer time) engraved and lacquered, hand matt lapped • Gold “summer time” plate with limitation number, raised engraving, hand matt lapped
- Function: Hours and minutes • Small seconds • 2nd time zone GMT • Rotating globe with universal time • Day-and-night • 24 time zones universal time • Summer time, winter time
- Power Reserve: approximately 72 hr
- Water Resistance: 100 m
- Dial: Terrestrial globe in titanium, relief-engraved continents, ocean blue treatment • Day-and-night UTC indicator in titanium, engraved and lacquered • GMT indicator in gold • Amphitheatre hour-ring with engraved and lacquered minute-circle • Small seconds indicator in gold
- Caseback: sapphire crystal
- Hands: • Hours and minutes with Super-LumiNova, red triangles • 2nd time zone GMT indicator, blue triangle • Small seconds in polished blued steel, flat black polished head
- Strap/Bracelet: Non-animal material, rubber with text in relief, titanium folding clasp, engraved GF logo
Greubel Forsey is dedicating a brand new calibre to the Terrestrial globe, decisively replacing its predecessors. It is the purest and most contemporary interpretation of the GMT complication ever imagined, deeply rooted in the universe of the brand as well as in Haute Horlogerie.
The Earth is showcased majestically, positioned at the very heart of an amphitheatre-like construction. Flush with the sapphire crystal, almost close enough to the surface to touch, it moves in a constant 24-hour rotation, just as the Earth rotates in real life. This amphitheatre is bordered by three rings which indicate two complementary times: hours and minutes local time, as well as universal time.
The beating heart of the timepiece, appreciated by collectors for its remarkable chronometric performance, is a spectacular sight. Once again, Greubel Forsey stuns with its level fine craftmanship. The 30° inclined balance wheel, seemingly suspended in mid-air, is held by a beautiful flat black polished and barrel polished steel balance wheel bridge on polished steel pillars. To its right, the small seconds, displayed with a blue gold hand completes the ensemble.
This theatrical composition takes place within the signature convex case designed by Greubel Forsey. Made of titanium and with a diameter of 46.5 mm around the bezel and 43.5mm around the caseband, it hugs the curve of the wrist perfectly. It also represents the major technical feat of achieving a movement that follows an imperceptible slope of just a few degrees. The sapphire crystal and satin-finished bezel follow the same curved geometry, which extends onto either a titanium bracelet or a textured rubber strap.