Double Balancier Convexe CarbonReference# Double Balancier Convexe C
- Limited Edition: only 22 pieces will be produced in each variation of the Double Balancier Convexe carbon,
- Case: Carbon with curved synthetic sapphire crystal
- Size: 42.5 mm
- Movement: hand-wound manufacture caliber
- Function: power reserve, dual inclined balance wheels
- Power Reserve: approximately 72 hours
- Water Resistance: 100 m
- Dial: • 3D, variable geometry hour-ring , engraved and lacquered minute-circle • variable geometry hour indexes, polished, with Super-Luminova • Power-reserve indicator, engraved and lacquered • Differential rotation and small seconds indicators in gold
- Caseback: sapphire crystal
- Hands: luminous
- Strap/Bracelet: Non-animal material, rubber with texture in relief, titanium and carbon folding clasp, engraved GF logo.
Greubel Forsey unveils two versions of its very first carbon creation, the Double Balancier Convexe with a smaller diameter of 42.5mm.
The first features a dominant iridescent green finish, with numerous rich blue hues to the main bridge incorporating the power reserve display, as well as the mainplate and the hour ring, this is complemented by a rubber strap in the same tone. The second version brings black to the fore. The carbon fibre weaves a homogeneous, decidedly contemporary configuration. By contrast, the salient feature that stands out most is the hand-finished movement, with its mirror polishing, sharp internal angles, straight and circular-grained surfaces, and curved hands with luminescent tips.
The case back of the convexe form perfectly meets the curve of the wrist. On the dial, a three-dimensional, curved profile allows the movement to fully express itself. The two balance wheels are arranged side by side, inclined at 30°, and linked by a constant spherical differential visible between 6 and 7 o’clock. In each 4-minute period, it halves the margin of error and meets the performance, precision and reliability requirements that Greubel Forsey sets for all its timepieces.
In this unprecedented compact version with a diameter of 42.5mm, only 22 pieces will be produced in each variation of the Double Balancier Convexe carbon, with the first available from August 2023. Since carbon fibres are never combined twice in the same way, the design of each piece will be unique.