Chronomètre FB 1.1Reference# FB 1.1
- Limited Edition: 50-piece limited and numbered edition
- Case: 18-karat white gold and titanium
- Size: 44 mm x 13.5 mm
- Movement: hand-wound manufacture caliber FB.T.FC, COSC-certified
- Function: tourbillon, power reserve, suspended fusée and chain constant-force transmission regulation
- Power Reserve: approximately 53 hours
- Water Resistance: 30 m
- Dial: Vertical satin-finish ruthenium dial with cut-out centre
- Caseback: sapphire crystal
- Hands: 18-carat blued gold hours, minutes and power-reserve hands, Blued bronze seconds hand
- Strap/Bracelet: hand-sewn alligator leather, 18-carat white gold double-blade length-adjustable safety folding clasp
- Factory Warranty: three years
The Chronomètre FB 1.1 has a satin-finish ruthenium dial with cut-out center and is framed by an octagonal white gold and titanium case. Its sides feature four watertight portholes revealing the intricate workings of Calibre FB-T.FC, including the constant-force module and the power-reserve mechanism. The transparent sapphire case-back provides a chance to admire the 1,120-part tourbillon movement with fusee-and-chain transmission.
Featuring a striking structure and driving exceptionally readable indications, caliber FB-T.FC is equipped with an exclusive constant-force regulation system with suspended fusée and chain transmission, equipped with a differential winding system. It also has a highly distinctive power-reserve mechanism.
A tourbillon with central seconds hand guarantee the optimal timing adjustment of the movement, whose precision and rate accuracy is certified by the Swiss Official Chronometer Testing Institute.
When the mainspring is associated with a fusée, the barrel drum turns in one direction when the spring winds down and in the opposite direction when it is wound up, thus causing the chain to wrap around the drum. A distinctive feature of caliber FB-T.FC lies in the fact that its fusée mechanism has been equipped with an unusually designed differential gear.
The case of the Chronomètre Ferdinand Berthoud FB 1 is built according to a distinctive architecture inspired both by the Marine Clocks of Ferdinand Berthoud and by their gimbal suspension system typical of onboard chronometers. Both contemporary and technical, this exceptional model reinterprets the mechanical prowess and extreme precision of the Marine Chronometers that Ferdinand Berthoud produced in the 18th century for the French King and Navy.
50-piece limited and numbered edition