Introducing the Marine Torpilleur, a light, modern Marine timepiece for those who captain their own destiny.
In the 19th century, when explorers roamed the oceans, the pocket chronometer was the captain’s watch, a mark of his rank both on shore and off. Ulysse Nardin’s pocket chronometers were among the most coveted – prized by naval officers and merchant captains the world over. That vibrant marine history led to the creation of the iconic Marine Chronometer, the ultimate expression of technical performance and beautiful design.
Now comes a new generation chronometer, made for the modern era: the Ulysse Nardin Marine Torpilleur. Named for the small, fast ships of that earlier era, whose agility ensured they easily outmaneuvered bigger ships, this is a timepiece for contemporary explorers. A lighter, thinner version of the iconic Ulysse Nardin Marine Chronometer, the Marine Torpilleur is made for a young, less formal age.
It has dynamic appeal, certainly, yet is supported by generations of craftsmanship and performance that loyal customers know they can expect from the Swiss watchmaker. Like its inspiration, the Marine Chronometer, the Torpilleur is powered by the self-winding in-house UN-118 movement, and features the same 60-hour power reserve and proprietary silicium anchor escapement. The Marine Torpilleur also comes C.O.S.C-certified, and meets the equally stringent standards that allow it to proudly bear the Ulysse Nardin Performance Certificate.
Outstanding design is visible on the dial too, where the iconic features of the Marine collection are in evidence: the Roman numeral indexes, and the emblematic logo with its flash of red in “1846.” While the graceful hands possess the instantly recognizable shape of a Marine timepiece, they too are redesigned for the Marine Torpilleur. The small seconds at 6 o’clock encircles the date window, while the 60-hour power reserve indicator is at 12 o’clock.
A sign of refinement and modernity. This is the new Marine Torpilleur. Initially launching in three different models, and two different dials, in stainless steel and rose gold. Three successful visions of our time that embody the modern spirit:
- The 42mm rose gold Marine Torpilleur with a white dial and leather strap with folding buckle. Screw-down security crown, sapphire crystals and water-resistance to 50m.
- The 42mm stainless-steel Marine Torpilleur with a white dial and leather strap with folding buckle. Screw-down security crown, sapphire crystals and water-resistance to 50m.
- The 42mm stainless steel case with a blue dial and stainless steel bracelet. Screw-down security crown, sapphire crystals and water-resistance to 50m.
Resolutely modern, bold and brilliant, the Marine Torpilleur joins the long line of illustrious Marine Collection chronometers. It may be designed for the city, but its heart – like that of every true adventurer – belongs to the sea.
- In-house designed automatic Caliber UN-118
- Certified chronometer
- Escapement, patented DIAMonSIL
- Oscillator: patented inertial balance wheel I 10 with silicium hairspring
- Power-Reserve: Approximately 60 hours
- Power reserve indicator at 12 o’clock
- Small direct seconds
- Round date window at 6 o’clock
- Forward and backward date corrector
- Rose gold or stainless steel
- Fluted bezel
- Screw down security crown
- Diameter: 42mm
- Water-resistance: 50m
- Sapphire crystal caseback
- White or blue with roman numerals
- Leather strap with folding buckle or stainless steel bracelet