Complexity made simple: this is the philosophy of the H. Moser & Cie. Endeavour Perpetual Calendar – undoubtedly the purest, most ingenious and most practical perpetual calendar available.
The Endeavour Perpetual Calendar Purity sees the Schaffhausen-based manufacture pursue its carefully thought-out approach which foregoes branding, focusing on the refined understatement of this model. Available in a limited edition of 50 pieces, with a new 42mm case enhanced by a dynamic, sculpted design, the Endeavour Perpetual Calendar Purity is the ultimate expression of minimalism and purity, with no logo on the dial and the simplicity of double indices. This watch radiates a timeless beauty, proving that true luxury needs no unnecessary adornment.
An iconic piece, the Endeavour Perpetual Calendar from H. Moser & Cie. is renowned for its complex movement, but also for its absolute simplicity. Without multiple sub-dials or an illegible date disc: the indices show not only the hours, but also the months, using a small central hand. A very large date window at 3 o’clock with a new date design and a power reserve indicator at 9 o’clock complete the piece, making it the most legible and easy-to-set watch available, as it can be adjusted forwards or backwards at any time of day. The HMC 800 caliber is housed in a new Endeavour case, whose lines have been adapted to increase the diameter beyond the 40.8mm model. Measuring 42mm, this case has a more dynamic look while still resting elegantly on the wrist thanks to its curved caseback.
The Endeavour Perpetual Calendar Purity pushes H. Moser’s minimalist philosophy even further: the dial has indices only at 12 and 6 o’clock and there is no visible logo or brand name. With its magnificent and mysterious midnight-blue fumé dial, this model remains immediately recognizable, proving that true luxury is unmistakable, even without ostentatious branding.
Finally, as with all new models produced from January 2017, this watch will not feature the Swiss Made label on the dial as the Schaffhausen-based manufacture, whose creations are over 95% Swiss, does not consider the label sufficiently rigorous.
Endeavour Perpetual Calendar Purity
Reference 1800-0200, white gold model, midnight-blue fumé dial, black alligator leather strap with red leather lining, limited edition of 50 pieces
- 18-karat white gold, three-part
- Diameter: 42mm, height: 11.9 mm
- Curved sapphire crystal
- See-through curved sapphire crystal caseback
- Crown adorned with an “M”
- Engraved on the movement side of the case with “1 of 50”
- Midnight-blue fumé with sunburst pattern
- Leaf-shaped hands and applique indices
- Month indicated with a small arrow-shaped centre hand
- Big date display
- Hand-wound HMC 800 manufacture caliber
- Frequency: 18,000 Vib/h
- 32 jewels
- Power reserve: minimum 7 days
- Hacking seconds
- Double barrel
- Interchangeable Moser escapement
- Original Straumann Hairspring with stabilized Breguet overcoil
- Pallet fork and escapement wheel made from gold
- Movement and components hand-finished and decorated
- Perpetual calendar with very large date window and month display via the small central hand
- Hours and minutes
- Offset seconds dial with hacking seconds function at 6 o’clock
- Power reserve indicator on dial at 9 o’clock
- Leap year cycle indicator on movement side and adjustment push-button
- Double Pull Crown mechanism
- Hand-stitched black alligator leather strap, red leather lining
- 18-karat solid white gold folding clasp engraved with the Moser logo