An imposing presence and an adventurous temperament: Zenith’s famous Pilot watch displays its vintage style on all wrists. In a new 40mm case made from aged steel, its attributes inherited from aviation’s pioneering days – a broad fluted crown, oversized luminescent numerals, a grained dial and an in-house ‘motor’ – make an ideal match with the retro shades of the oily nubuck straps with contrasting stitching.
Shades of mustard, khaki, blue or burgundy. A 40mm diameter. Elegant hues and ideal proportions, while never losing sight of the spirit of adventure that forged its legend. Aged steel, a grained-finish dials (slate-grey, khaki, blue or burgundy colors) with large beige numerals, nubuck straps: the new Pilot from Zenith lends itself to the most stylish vintage variations.
Fit for Any Wrist: With its format suited to every wrist, the new Pilot Type 20 Extra Special 40mm rounds out an emblematic range from Zenith, thus far composed of large-size watches. Its more ‘democratic’ dimensions continue to house the same original attributes: an in-house movement, a broad fluted crown and large luminescent Arabic numerals swept over by finely crafted hands. The new Pilot hails from an all-conquering lineage!
Authentic Nature: The case crafted from aged steel and water-resistant to 100m is topped by a domed sapphire crystal protecting a broad dial with a grained finish. Optimal legibility is ensured by an aeronautically inspired font composed of beige SuperLumiNova blocks, along with beige luminescent facetted hands.
At its heart beats the automatic Zenith Elite 679 caliber. This reliable and accurate in-house movement drives central hours, minutes and seconds hands, while delivering a 50-hour power reserve. In a nod to the history of the maison, the solid aged steel caseback bears the company’s historical logo – a coat-of-arms studded with stars and bearing the founding date of the Manufacture Zenith: 1865.
This distinctive and classy watch sets the seal on its trendy neo-retro look with choice of straps in mustard, khaki, blue or burgundy oily nubuck, featuring a protective rubber lining and a titanium pin buckle.
- 11.1940.679/91.C807 (slate grey dial – mustard strap)
- 11.1940.679/63.C800 (khaki dial – khaki strap)
- 11.1940.679/53.C808 (blue dial – blue strap)
- 11.1940.679/94.C814 (burgundy dial – burgundy strap)
- Automatic winding manufacture Elite 679
- Movement thickness: 3.85 mm
- Components: 126
- Frequency: 28,800 VpH (4 Hz)
- Power Reserve: approximately 50 hours
- Finishes: Oscillating weight with Côtes de Genève motif
- Hours and minutes
- Central seconds hand
- Material: Aged steel
- Diameter: 40mm
- Dial-opening diameter: 33.10mm
- Thickness: 12.95mm
- Crystal: Domed sapphire crystal with anti-reflective treatment on both sides
- Caseback: Aged steel case-back engraved with the old Zenith logo
- Water-Resistance: 100m
- Slate grey, khaki, blue or burgundy, grained finish
- Hour Markers: Luminous Arabic numerals
- Hands: Luminous
- 27.00.2018.800 - Khaki-colored oily nubuck leather strap with protective rubber lining
- 27.00.2018.807 - Mustard-colored oily nubuck leather strap with protective rubber lining
- 27.00.2018.808 - Blue oily nubuck leather strap with protective rubber lining
- 27.00.2018.814 - Burgundy oily nubuck leather strap with protective rubber lining