On the evening of November 9, 2018 in Geneva, the prize-winners of the 18th Grand Prix d’Horlogerie de Genève (GPHG) were unveiled on stage at the Théâtre
Excellence, creativity and horological expertise were saluted by an international jury which had designated the winners of 17 prizes and awarded the “Aiguille d’Or” Grand Prix to Bovet 1822 for the Récital 22 Grand Récital watch.
The prestigious distinctions rewarded the work of the following brands: Akrivia, Chanel, De Bethune, Greubel Forsey, Habring2, Hermès, Konstantin Chaykin, Krayon, Laurent Ferrier, Nomos Glashütte, Seiko, Singer Reimagined, Vacheron Constantin and Van Cleef & Arpels. The Special Jury Prize, which honors an influential actor on the watchmaking scene, was awarded to Jean-Claude Biver.
Presented by actor Edouard Baer and enlivened with songs performed by Véronic DiCaire, this 18th prize-winning ceremony took place before an audience of 1,300 guests – including Swiss Federal Councilor Johann Schneider-Ammann – who had congregated in Geneva to celebrate the vitality of the watchmaking art.
2018 Prize Winners
- Aiguille d’Or “Grand Prix” Bovet 1822, Récital 22 Grand Récital
- Revival Prize Vacheron Constantin, Historiques Triple Calendrier 1942
- Innovation Prize Krayon, Everywhere Horizon
- Ladies’ Watch Prize Chanel, Boyfriend Skeleton
- Ladies’ Complication Watch Prize Van Cleef & Arpels, Lady Arpels Planétarium
- Men’s Watch Prize Akrivia, Chronomètre Contemporain
- Men’s Complication Prize Laurent Ferrier, Galet Annual Calendar Montre Ecole
- Chronograph Watch Prize Singer Reimagined, Singer Track1 Hong Kong Edition
- Chronometry Watch Prize De Bethune, DB25 Starry Varius Chronomètre Tourbillon
- Mechanical Exception Watch Prize Greubel Forsey, Grande Sonnerie
- Sports Watch Prize Seiko, Seiko Prospex 1968 Diver's Re-creation
- Jewelry Watch Prize Van Cleef & Arpels, Secret de Coccinelle
- Artistic Crafts Watch Prize Hermès, Arceau Robe du soir
- “Petite Aiguille” Prize Habring2, Doppel-Felix
- Challenge Watch Prize Nomos Glashütte, Tangente Neomatik 41 Update
- Audacity Prize Konstantin Chaykin, Clown
- Special Jury Prize Jean-Claude Biver, President non-executive of the LVMH Group Watch division, Chairman of Hublot and Zenith