Pilot Automatic Stainless SteelReference# 03.4000.3620/21.I001
- Case: stainless steel
- Size: 40 mm
- Movement: El Primero 3620, automatic
- Function: Hours and minutes in the center. Central seconds hand. Date indication at 6 o'clock.
- Power Reserve: approximately 60 hours
- Water Resistance: 100 m
- Dial: Black with horizontal grooves; Applied arabic numerals in SuperLuminova SLN C1
- Caseback: sapphire crystal
- Hands: Black & white with SLN C1
- Strap/Bracelet: Black cordura effect rubber strap and a Brown calfskin leather strap. Steel triple folding clasp.
- Factory Warranty: two years
The template for the new generation of ZENITH Pilot watches, the Pilot Automatic revisits the collection’s aesthetic codes in an outstanding silhouette full of subtle details. Crafted in a 40mm case in either stainless steel or black ceramic, the Pilot Automatic features an entirely new case design with a distinct flat-top round bezel fixed on top of the rounded case. In the steel version, the surfaces are vertically satin-brushed with polished chamfers, while the black ceramic version is entirely micro blasted for a stealthy matte finish. The oversized crown, a defining feature of Pilot watches, takes on a more modern, angular form, while remaining easy to operate – even with gloves on.
Visible through the sapphire display back, the Pilot Automatic is powered by the El Primero 3620 high-frequency manufacture movement, which delivers a power reserve of 60 hours when fully wound. The winding mechanism’s open and blackened oscillating weight recalling the archetypal and essential “artificial horizon” dashboard instrument, which informs the pilot of the aircraft’s orientation relative to the Earth’s horizon.