Tonda PF ChronographReference# PFC915-1020001-100182
- Case: Polished and satin-finished medical stainless steel with platinum 950 hand-knurled bezel
- Size: 42mm
- Movement: automatic-winding manufacture caliber PF070, COSC-certified with integrated chronograph
- Function: hours, minutes, small seconds, date and chronograph
- Power Reserve: approximately 65 hours
- Water Resistance: 100 m
- Dial: Milano Blue dial with Grain d’Orge guilloché and hand-applied rhodium-plated appliqués
- Caseback: Sapphire Crtstal with Engraving on case back: serial number & “PARMIGIANI FLEURIER” & “36’000 Alt/h”
- Hands: Hours and minutes: 18ct gold rhodium-plated skeletonized delta-shaped. Chronograph and small seconds: steel rhodium-plated
- Strap/Bracelet: Polished and satin-finished medical stainless steel bracelet Closure: medical stainless steel folding clasp
The Tonda PF collection inaugurates a new brand signature. The PF logo appears at 12 o’clock, nestled in a vertical, oval, double-edged appliqué with extensive finishings. The indices of each timepiece are set across two levels of the dial, while the Grain d’Orge guilloché dial pattern is the finest imaginable.
The Tonda PF Chronograph features an almost flush dial and an integrated high frequency chronograph movement and a polished and satin-finished bracelet and a 42mm case, both made in stainless steel. The case band on the Tonda PF line deserves closer examination. It is not straight, but slightly bassiné, i.e. wider near the bezel and narrower on the wrist. This provides the overall design with a sense of increased slimness. The surface is horizontal-satin-finished all around as is the upper surface of the lugs.
Parmigiani Fleurier maintains an almost flush surface by using thinly sandblasted minute track and counter outlines on the discrete blue dial. The pushers have been fused with the profile of the Tonda PF Chronograph’s lugs. This model, along with the Tonda PF Annual Calendar, premieres a new oscillating weight in 22ct rose gold, widely openworked with a central PF logo medallion.
The dial is finished with traditional Grain d’Orge guilloché, further accentuated by its vibrant blue color. In addition, the dial displays all relevant information via a small second sub dials, two more for the chronograph function, a date aperture at 4 o’clock and 18ct gold rhodium-plated skeletonized delta-shaped hands indicating the hours and minutes.
This timepiece houses the PF070 movement, a COSC certified, automatic integrated chronograph with date. The higher the oscillating frequency, the more accurate the chronograph. In-house integrated chronographs are rare; it is even rarer for them to beat at a 5-hertz frequency. This means that the chronograph’s seconds hand makes 10 jumps or “steps” per second, making it accurate to the nearest 10th of a second. Most other chronographs only make eight jumps per second, making it 25% less accurate. The 5 Hz Caliber PF070 is an integrated, high frequency, column wheel movement with small seconds and two registers. Integrating three counters on the Tonda PF Chronograph’s thinly guilloché dial demands finesse. All Parmigiani Fleurier movements feature chamfering and polishing done by hand. The bridges, wheels, springs, levers, and other minuscule components receive tremendous attention. The PF070 features satin-finished open worked bridges and hand-beveled edges.