LM FlyingT ‘Blizzard’Reference# 05.WSL.TB
- Limited Edition: 8 pieces
- Case: 18K white gold, set with diamonds.
- Size: 39 x 29 mm
- Movement: automatic-winding caliber
- Function: Hours and minutes displayed on a 50° tilted dials.
- Power Reserve: approximately 100 hours
- Water Resistance: 30 m
- Dial: blue matte lapis lazuli dial plates, set with white brilliant diamonds
- Caseback: sapphire crystal
- Hands: serpentine
- Strap/Bracelet: Alligator leather strap with white gold paved pin buckle matching the case
- Factory Warranty: two years
MB&F in collaboration with Emmanuel Tarpin have created two new members ‘ICE’ and ‘BLIZZARD’ for the Legacy Machine FlyingT collection.
For the Blizzard, Tarpin let his imagination run free into the Alps where he has been skiing since he was two years old. He has interpreted memories of being caught in blizzards of snow into the LM FlyingT with brilliant-cut diamonds set under the sapphire crystal dome and closed-set diamonds set into the matt lapis lazuli dial, depicting snowflakes on the ground. The result is like a snow globe in motion.
The LM FlyingT was the perfect canvas for this collaboration with its radical architecture and construction that contrasts beautifully with its jeweled winter cloak. The case-back reveals the sun-shaped oscillating weight: its sandblasted and polished rays rotating on a ruthenium disc positioned above a platinum counterweight.
The cinematic flying tourbillon, which boldly projects beyond the dial-plate of LM Flying T, is a visually stunning example of the rotating escapement. In order to display the time as precisely as possible on the 50° inclined dial, conical gears are employed to optimally transmit torque from one plane to another. The 280-component engine of Legacy Machine Flying T has a power reserve of four days.
For the ‘BLIZZARD’ edition: 05.WSL.TB
- Brilliant-cut diamonds on the dial: ~ 0.0457ct
- Brilliant-cut diamonds on the Blizzard decoration: ~ 0.921ct
- Brilliant-cut diamonds on the crowns: ~ 0.138ct
- Brilliant-cut diamonds on the case: ~ 1.402cts