LM Flying T ‘Ice’Reference# 05.WSL.TI
- Limited Edition: 8 pieces
- Case: 18-karat white gold, diamond pavé
- Size: 39 x 29 mm
- Movement: automatic-winding caliber
- Function: Hours and minutes displayed on a 50° tilted dials.
- Power Reserve: approximately 100 hours
- Water Resistance: 30 m
- Dial: blue matte lapis lazuli dial plates, set with white brilliant diamonds
- Caseback: sapphire crystal
- Hands: serpentine
- Strap/Bracelet: Alligator leather strap with white gold paved pin buckle matching the case
MB&F in collaboration with Emmanuel Tarpin have created two new members ‘ICE’ and ‘BLIZZARD’ for the Legacy Machine collection .
The LM Flying T ‘Ice‘ features asymmetrical diamond-set stalagmites that encroach on the sapphire crystal dome and the movement. Each icy stalagmite is different, replicating the randomness of nature. Tarpin took his inspiration from a trip to Lake Baïkal in Southern Siberia, where in winter the lake freezes from the edge inwards until it is totally frozen. The claws of the diamond stalagmites have not quite claimed the movement and the matt lapis lazuli dial, leaving the beauty of the mechanism and the time visible to the eye.
In a departure from most modern watch movements, which take a radial and co-planar approach to movement construction, the LM Flying T engine utilizes a vertical and co-axial approach, along a central axis orchestrating the overall architecture of the entirely visible mechanism.
In order to display the time as precisely as possible on the 50° inclined dial, conical gears are employed to optimally transmit torque from one plane to another. The 280-component engine of Legacy Machine FlyingT has a power reserve of four days.
For the ‘ICE’ edition:
- Brilliant-cut diamonds on the Ice decoration: ~ 0.611ct
- Brilliant-cut diamonds on the crowns: ~ 0.138ct
- Brilliant-cut diamonds on the case: ~ 1.402cts
- 2 paraibas on the crowns: ~ 0.11ct and 1 paraiba on the tourbillon: ~ 0.03ct