HM9 Sapphire Vision BlueReference# 91.SWL.BU
- Limited Edition: 5 pieces
- Case: sapphire crystal with frame in white gold. Hour/minute dial in sapphire crystal with anti-reflective treatment and Super-LumiNova on the numbers and indexes. Unique assembly process of the three sapphire crystal case parts with a patented three-dimensional gasket and high-tech bonding compound.
- Size: 57 x 47 x 23mm
- Movement: hand-wound in-house caliber
- Function: Two fully independent balance wheels with planetary differential, Dual spherical turbines under the movement, Shock-absorbing helicoidal springs linking the movement to the case.
- Power Reserve: approximately 45 hours
- Water Resistance: 30 m
- Dial: blue
- Caseback: sapphire crystal
- Strap/Bracelet: Hand-stitched alligator strap with gold folding buckle matching the case.
Presenting Horological Machine N°9 ‘Sapphire Vision’ –white gold combined with a PVD-coated blue engine.
The outer hull of sapphire crystal and precious metal, curved and bubbled and precisely fitted together in three parts, is sealed with a proprietary combination of patented three-dimensional gasket and high-tech compound bonding process. Two fully independent cantilevered balances channel data into a differential that turns two heartbeats into one coherent time-pulse. Ultra-precise conical gears efficiently turn the engine’s energy and information current through a 90° angle to feed the time display on a sapphire crystal dial, marked with Super-LumiNova.
Performing the task of averaging the time measurement from the twin balances of the HM9 engine is a planetary differential, the gearbox of the movement, which then delivers a final reading to be displayed on the perpendicularly oriented dial. In HM9-SV, every aspect of the engine is open to discovery; the eye can follow the interplay of components from barrel to balance, from differential to dial.
In order to seal the sapphire crystal exterior components into one watertight case, the sapphire crystals are fused with the metallic frame thanks to a high-tech bonding compound, mastered via an in-house process involving a vacuum and high temperature. The result is a seal resistant to 3ATM (30m) of water pressure, despite practically invisible seams between the sapphire components and the minimalistic frame in 18K gold.
HM9 Sapphire Vision in white gold combined with a PVD-coated blue engine is limited to only five pieces.