Time FliesReference# 74.6006/144
Availability: see it at 430 Park Avenue
- Limited Edition: 99 pieces
- Size: 354.3 mm (length) x 442 mm (width) x 137.5 mm (height)
- Movement: Manual winding L’Épée 1839 movement designed and manufactured in-house Multi-level horizontal architecture
- Power Reserve: approximately eight days
- Dial: Openworked design Hours and minutes are displayed on large diameter stainless steel disks with black PVD coating on a circular-brushed satin finish and stamped numerals.
- Factory Warranty: two years
L’Epée 1839 and aviation, a long story
TIME FLIES is a return to its origins for L’Epée, which, in providing the clock for the Concord, is the only horological manufacture to have equipped a commercial supersonic aircraft.
Hours and minutes are displayed on large diameter stainless steel disks with black PVD coating on a circular-brushed satin finish and stamped numerals. A quick glance is enough to read the time thanks to the excellent legibility of its display, but the spectacular, skeletonized movement is worthy of deeper contemplation. The movement, built specifically for this TIME FLIES, allows the escapement, which regulates precision, to be displayed in the cockpit. Accuracy is in the pilot’s seat!
The architecture of the 8-day movement, developed in-house by L’Epée 1839, follows the form of a real airplane. As in a plane, power comes from the front where the engine is located, and is generated by a fully openworked crown reminiscent of engine cooling radiators just behind the propeller. When fully would TIME FLIES can soar for a full eight days before “refueling.”