Moon Runner Red MagmaReference# H02757-A
- Limited Edition: 27 pieces
- Case: Hydro carbon & red coated titanium case (78 parts) Crown in black coated titanium Domed sapphire crystal (box) with anti-reflective coating, Black side grids with red background
- Size: 52.3 mm
- Movement: Mechanical 601-MO (516 parts)
- Function: Retrograde fluidique hours, Central minutes hand, Day of the month, 3D Moon phase
- Power Reserve: approximately 72 hours
- Water Resistance: 50 m
- Dial: Black coated brass & sapphire plate (50 parts), 3D black coated appliques, white luminous numbers (Lumicast), Black grid with black background, Red liquid inside borosilicate capillary tube
- Hands: Black mat minutes hands, white SLN Black mat day of month disk, white SLN Black mat months disk, white SLN
- Strap/Bracelet: Black rubber strap, Blue Micro fibre embossed strap decor, Red stitching; Black coated titanium buckle satin & sand blasted
A new pivotal part of the HYT range, the Moon Runner is the bearer of a philosophy that combines the ambition of scientific understanding, the perfect accuracy of the lunar phases, and the dream of a new understanding of how lunar cycles are perceived.
The representation of the moon is completely unprecedented, not only in its form, with the presence of the large celestial body, but also due to its central position at the heart of the technical measurement system presented by the timepiece. “The form and unique shape are as important as the function“, says Davide Cerrato, HYT CEO and creative director. Around it are two titanium indicator disks that show the days and months, in addition to accurate time settings with a hand running on a customised graduation with a 5-minute timer, and retrograde hours shown by the fluidic system, colored a special “Red Magma”. The patented mecafluidic technology belongs to the Neuchâtel company, established in 2012. That year, the Grand Prix d’Horlogerie de Genève [Geneva Watchmaking Grand Prix] innovation prize rewarded the brand’s inventiveness.
The HYT Moon Runner assumes its dual nature perfectly, as a fine watchmaking timepiece with clearly legible precision functions; it is also designed as a celestial vehicle capable of taking its wearer on an emotional journey to the moon.
Keeping with the carefully constructed lines and proportions of the Moon Runner, the Red Magma maintains the 48 mm diameter casing, with a total length of 52.3 mm and a 21.8 mm case thickness.
Custom-made for new adventures, the multi-layer middle case presents subtle openwork, while the sandwiched construction method of the watch overall, waterproof up to 50 metres, with a central protective titanium case for movement, allows optimal handling of the missions assigned to this new spacecraft.
The Moon Runner is driven by a manual winding mechanical movement, 601-MO calibre (41 rubies) at a frequency of 28,800 vibrations per hour (4 Hertz) and with 72 hours’ power reserve.
Only 27 copies of this extraordinary timepiece will be produced.