Bell & Ross
BR-X2 Tourbillon Micro RotorReference# BRX2-MRTB-STManufacturer's retail price: $64,900.00Compare
- Limited Edition: 99 pieces
- Case: satin-polished stainless steel
- Size: 42.5mm
- Movement: automatic caliber BR-CAL.380
- Function: flying tourbillon
- Water Resistance: 50m
- Dial: skeletonized
- Caseback: sapphire crystal
- Hands: luminous hands and markers
- Strap/Bracelet: gray alligator leather
Given just three words to define a watch, they would undoubtedly be “case, movement, dial.” It would be difficult, if not impossible, to miss out any one of these elements. However, true innovation lies in questioning certainties and exploring brand new paths. This is exactly what Bell & Ross did when designing its new BR‑X2, where the case and movement form a single element.
How? When designing a case from steel and sapphire (a highly technical material which is exceedingly difficult to work with), the brand came up with a utopian idea: Fuse the case and movement into a single component to make the case disappear, leaving only the movement visible.