HM7 AquapodReference# 70.RLB.BManufacturer's retail price: $118,000.00Compare
- Limited Edition: 66 pieces
- Case: 18-karat rose gold, black ceramic bezel
- Size: 53.8 mm x 21.3mm
- Movement: automatic winding caliber
- Function: flying tourbillon, rotating time display segments
- Power Reserve: approximately 72 hours
- Water Resistance: 50m
- Caseback: sapphire crystal
- Hands: luminous numerals, markers and segments along the rotor
- Strap/Bracelet: aircraft-grade rubber
After pushing the boundaries of horological exploration by blasting into outer space (HM2, HM3, HM6), launching into the sky (HM4), and powering down the road and around the track (HM5, HMX, HM8), MB&F plunges into the water with Horological Machine No.7, aka HM7 Aquapod.
The organic jellyfish-inspired design of HM7 Aquapod is counter-balanced by the very mechanical horology within: a central 60-second flying tourbillon tops the concentric vertical movement architecture, with indications radiating out from the center like ripples in a pond. Like many jellyfish, HM7 glows in the dark: on the hour and minute numerals, around the inside of the movement and along the tentacle-like winding rotor.
The 303-component, 72-hour power reserve HM7 Engine was developed in-house by MB&F. Spherically three-dimensional, all its mechanisms – from the winding rotor at the bottom, to the flying tourbillon on top – rotate concentrically around the center. The curves of the high-domed sapphire crystal are mirrored in the shape of the time display rings.