Defy Skyline Black CeramicReference# 49.9300.3620/21.I001
- Case: Black Ceramic
- Size: 41 mm
- Movement: automatic-winding El Primero 3620
- Function: Hours and minutes in the center. 1/10th of a second counter at 6 o'clock.
- Power Reserve: approximately 60 hours
- Water Resistance: 100 m
- Dial: Black-toned sunray-patterned
- Caseback: sapphire crystal
- Hands: Rhodium-plated, faceted and coated with SuperLuminova SLN C1
- Strap/Bracelet: Black Ceramic bracelet, folding clasp. Black rubber strap with starry sky pattern and with a black PVD stainless buckle with folding clasp.
- Factory Warranty: two years
Clad entirely in black ceramic, this dark execution of the DEFY Skyline takes on a distinct aura of its own, at once brilliant, bold and sleek. As visually outstanding as it is resilient, the black ceramic used in the DEFY Skyline’s octagonal case and bracelet is much harder than traditional metals and alloys, making it highly resistant to scratches and visible signs of wear. Powered by the latest generation of the El Primero high-frequency automatic manufacture movement, featuring the world’s first 1/10th of a second indicator. The quick strap-change mechanism allows for easy switching between the ceramic bracelet and provided rubber strap.
Visible from the back is the high-frequency automatic El Primero calibre, the 3620 SK. Built with a similar architecture as the El Primero 3600 1/10th of a second chronograph, this automatic manufacture movement drives the 1/10th of a second hand directly from the escapement, which beats at 5Hz (36’000 VpH), thus making it a “natural” fraction-of-a-second indication. It is also endowed with a stop-second mechanism for precise time-setting. Efficient in its performance, the automatic winding mechanism with bi-directional rotor with a star motif delivers a power reserve of approximately 60 hours.
With versatility at its core, the DEFY Skyline Black Ceramic comes on a black ceramic bracelet with a satin-brushed surface with chamfered and polished edges, seamlessly flowing with the sharply faceted lines of the case. It also comes with a rubber strap and steel folding buckle with a starry sky pattern in continuity with the dial, made in blue rubber for the blue dial version and black rubber for the black dial. The wearer can easily switch between the steel bracelet and rubber strap without any tools.