Chronomaster Sport – BlackReference# 18.3101.3600/21.M3100
- Size: 41 mm
- Movement: Automatic El Primero 3600, column-wheel chronograph able to measure and display 1/10th of a second. 1/10th of a second indication on the gold bezel. Stop-second mechanism.
- Function: 1/10th of a second chronograph functions. Hours and minutes in the centre. Small seconds at 9 o'clock. Central chronograph hand that makes one turn in 10 seconds, 60-minute counter at 6 o'clock, 60-second counter at 3 o'clock
- Power Reserve: approximately 60 hours
- Water Resistance: 100 m
- Dial: Black-lacquered dial with three different-coloured counters
- Caseback: sapphire crystal
- Hands: Gold-plated, faceted and coated with SuperLuminova SLN C1
- Strap/Bracelet: rose gold bracelet
With the unveiling of the Chronomaster Sport in 2021, Zenith once again set a new gold standard for automatic sporty chronographs. Crowned with the Grand Prix d’Horlogerie de Genève 2021 “Chronograph” prize, the Chronomaster Sport is already a modern chronograph icon in the making. Now, Zenith is expanding the collection with new versions incorporating precious metals while retaining the performance-centric allure of the model.
The result of over 50 years of perfecting the El Primero, the world’s first automatic high-frequency chronograph calibre, the Chronomaster Sport line is equipped with the newest version of the venerable movement, the El Primero 3600. With its high frequency of 5 Hz (36’000 VpH), the movement is able to precisely offer a 1/10th of second function that’s easily readable, displayed directly on the bezel as well as the dial. Its autonomy has also been rendered more efficient, with an extended power reserve of 60 hours.
Visible through the sapphire display back, the new architecture is strikingly evident, revealing a blue column wheel and open rotor marked with the five-pointed star Zenith.
Full gold chronographs have a special place in Zenith history that even predate the El Primero. Because performance and preciousness don’t have to be mutually exclusive, Zenith has crafted the Chronomaster Sport entirely in rose gold – including the bracelet and engraved bezel with 1/10th of a second scale.
The CHRONOMASTER Sport in rose gold combines elements of past ZENITH chronograph references such as the black tricolour dial, pump-style pushers and gold bracelet in a modern 41mm steel case. Powered by the El Primero 3600 1/10th of a second automatic chronograph movement.
Available with either a black or white dial with the signature El Primero tricolour counters with golden hands and applied markers, the Chronomaster Sport in rose gold is meticulously finished with satin-brushed and polished surfaces to bring out the warm radiance of the precious metal.