Marine Torpilleur PandaReference# 1183-310LE-0A-175
- Limited Edition: 300 pieces
- Case: Stainless steel polished & satin finish case / fluted bezel
- Size: 42mm
- Movement: automatic winding manufacture caliber UN-118, COSC-certified chronometer
- Function: Hours, minutes, small seconds, date. Anti-magnetic escapement. Power-reserve indicator.
- Power Reserve: approximately 60 hours
- Water Resistance: 50 m
- Dial: Varnished Panda dial Double counters with power reserve indicator at 12 o’clock and small seconds with date at 6 o’clock ,“Chronometry since 1846” signature on the small second counter, Rhodium finish hands
- Caseback: sapphire crystal
- Strap/Bracelet: Strap Variations: Brown leather - 1183-310LE-0A-175/1A, Blue Leather 1183-310LE-0A-175/1B; Stainless steel deployant buckle
- Factory Warranty: two years
One of the most striking new models to weigh anchor in 2021 carries with it all the history of Ulysse Nardin’s values of technical exploration and unprecedented precision in marine chronometry The Marine Torpilleur Panda model, with two small dark blue dials within the dial (one that contains the power reserve indicator and one that houses the second hand and date) is a unique design at Ulysse Nardin.
The first time that the manufacture has used this design, the Panda is nicknamed for its resemblance to a panda bear’s face, with two dark eyes in the middle of a white face The varnished Panda dial with rhodium finished hands bears the insignia “Chronometry since 1846 on the bottom ring that houses the seconds hand It uses Silicium and DIAMonSIL technology and runs thanks to the UN 118 movement Limited to 300 pieces only, the 42 mm diameter Marine Torpilleur Panda comes with a choice of either a brown or blue leather alligator strap, metal bracelet, a rubber strap or a R Strap.
The Marine Torpilleur Panda crown is screw-down and engraved with the Ulysse Nardin logo. The small seconds counter at 6 o’clock encircles the date window and the “1846” logo — a stylish nod to the year the house was founded. The luxury strap is in perfectly matched alligator.
Inspired by Ulysse Nardin’s marine heritage yet fully modernized for daily urban wear, the Marine Torpilleur is supremely comfortable on the wrist and a delight to the eye. A true Captain’s chronometer, COSC and Ulysse Nardin Certified, it represents contemporary watch design in its finest hour — the culmination of generations of craftsmanship and savoir-faire.
“A less formal, more contemporary version of the iconic Ulysse Nardin Marine Chronometer, the Marine Torpilleur is aimed at a younger clientele.” said Patrick Pruniaux, Chief Executive Officer of Ulysse Nardin. “Yet it traces its heritage back to two breakthrough innovations of the early 19th century. The first Ulysse Nardin aficionados know well — the house’s famous pocket chronometer. Its unprecedented reliability and precision helped open the world’s oceans to sea-going merchants, navigators and adventurers. The second innovation was the Torpilleur. Fast, agile and armed with a new weapon — the self-propelled torpedo — the Torpilleur easily outmaneuvered the slow-moving battleships that till then had ruled the wave.”
Powered by the Marine Chronometer’s self-winding in-house UN-118 movement with 60-hour power reserve (indicated on a counter at 12 o’clock) and proprietary silicium anchor escapement, the 42mm case is light, with elongated lugs, a thin fluted fixed bezel, and a much thin flange framing the dial.