C by Romain Gauthier Titanium Edition FiveReference# MON00542
- Limited Edition: 38-piece limited edition in titanium, engraved “1 of 38” on the back of the movement
- Case: Grade 5 titanium; 41mm x 9.55mm, lugs to lugs: 49.5 mm
- Size: 41 mm x 9.55 mm
- Movement: In-house, hand-wound movement, Components made from: Titanium, steel, stainless steel and German silver Finishing: Superlative decoration by hand Treatment: Natural titanium bridges and rhodium-treated gears.
- Function: stop-seconds mechanism that uses a snail cam
- Power Reserve: approximately 60 hrs
- Water Resistance: 50 m
- Dial: Hand-engraved Champagne color dial in natural Grade 5 titanium. Small seconds at 7 o’clock with 5-second intervals marked by tapering burgundy line
- Caseback: Sapphire crystal with interior anti-reflection coating, front and display back
- Hands: Super-LumiNova-filled 18k white gold hands and applied numerals and hour markers
- Strap/Bracelet: Supplied with grey rubber strap with specially developed, satin-finished and polished natural Grade 5 titanium pin buckle.
C by Romain Gauthier Titanium Edition Five
Introducing the C by Romain Gauthier Titanium Edition Five, featuring an entirely hand-engraved textured dial. A limited edition that further highlights the hand-crafted decorative expertise of Manufacture Romain Gauthier.
The dial of the C by Romain Gauthier, a symbol of modernity and continuity both in terms of architecture and design, features off-center hour-minute hands and slightly tapered hour markers of varying lengths. The 5-second intervals of the small seconds at 7 o’clock are also marked by tapering lines of differing lengths.
Romain has endowed C with a stop-seconds – or hacking seconds – mechanism, allowing the wearer to set the time exactly according to a reference time.
Instead of using a straight or L-shaped balance stop lever to halt the balance, Romain has opted to employ a snail cam that performs a double function: It touches and stops the balance wheel when the crown is pulled out and, when the crown is pushed back in, the snail cam makes a turn, giving the balance an impulse to help it start beating again. Those familiar with the brand will know Romain has used the snail cam’s unique shape in his past creations: It appears on the watchmaker’s acclaimed Logical One.
C by Romain Gauthier Titanium Edition Five is a 38-piece limited edition, engraved “1 of 38” on the back of each movement.