Availability: see the Skylink at Cellini Jewelers, 430 Park Avenue, NYC
- Limited Edition: 75 pieces
- Case: stainless steel
- Size: 43.2 mm
- Movement: Louis Moinet LM45, self winding
- Function: Hours, Minutes, Seconds
- Power Reserve: approximately 48 hours
- Water Resistance: 50 m
- Caseback: sapphire crystal
- Strap/Bracelet: Louisiana alligator leather, Alligator lining, Preformed wristband; Triple-blade folding clasp, Curved "Fleur de Lys"
Louis Moinet celebrates the Apollo-Soyuz mission that changed the face of the world : the first joint space mission between the Soviet Union and the United States of America.
Within the Skylink’s dial, at 3 o’clock sits a special, exclusive Skylink feature: a micro capsule containing, for all eternity, a fragment of Kapton foil – the polyamide fabric which protected Apollo on its return to Earth on July 24, 1975 – together with fibres from the Russian Sokol-K spacesuit. Used for the first time on Soyuz 12 in 1973, the same model is still in use today.
Louis Moinet’s capsule establishes a physical link connecting the adventure of 43 years ago, space itself, the astronomy from which watchmaking originally derived, and each of the owners of the watches in this unique collection.
Limited edition of 75