Balancier ContemporainReference# Balancier Contemporain WG
- Limited Edition: 33 pieces
- Case: 18-karat white gold
- Size: 39.6mm
- Movement: hand-wound manufacture movement
- Function: power reserve
- Power Reserve: approximately 72 hours
- Water Resistance: 30m
- Dial: rhodium-colored
- Caseback: sapphire crystal
- Hands: polished blue steel
- Strap/Bracelet: hand-sewn alligator leather
- Factory Warranty: three years
In creating the Balancier Contemporain, a white gold 33-piece limited edition, Greubel Forsey imagined providing a particularly compact showcase for its exclusive balance-wheel system. Creating such a moderately-sized new movement and dial imposed the challenge of maintaining well-balanced forms and pleasing proportions, along with clear legibility and cutting-edge performance.
This highly original creation is distinguished by its 39.6mm diameter, a first from Greubel Forsey which generally builds larger timepieces. The challenge here was not only to house the large balance wheel within a limited space, but above all to achieve optimal proportions and an attractive three-dimensional construction, as well as safeguarding the emblematic aesthetic codes of the timepieces built within the atelier.