Laureato Chronograph – Aston Martin F1 EditionReference# 81060-41-3071-1CX
- Limited Edition: 306 pieces
- Case: titanium & carbon case with carbon extracted from two Formula One™️ race cars used during the 2021 season
- Size: 44 mm x 15.15 mm thick
- Movement: automatic Manufacture movement Calibre GP03300-1058
- Function: chronograph, date, hours and minutes, small seconds
- Power Reserve: approximately 46 hours
- Water Resistance: 100 m
- Dial: sunray "Aston Martin Racing Green" with cross-hatching
- Caseback: sapphire crystal with white Aston Martin Aramco Cognizant Formula One™️ Team decal
- Hands: skeletonised, ‘baton’ type with luminescent material (green emission)
- Strap/Bracelet: rubber wtih titanium PVD folding buckle
- Factory Warranty: two years
The new Laureato Absolute Chronograph Aston Martin F1 Edition features a cutting-edge 44mm case. Its composition blends titanium powder and carbon elements taken from two F1 race cars used during the 2021 season, representing a first in the watch industry. Using a high-tech manufacturing process, the individual components are brought together and mixed with a tinted resin. The resultant material proffers superior ductility to that of steel.
Each watch will have its own visual identity and will look uniquely different from any other timepiece on the market. The dial on the watch is presented in sunray ‘Aston Martin Racing Green’ and is adorned with cross-hatching, a motif that can be traced back to the Aston Martin ‘AM’ badge of 1921. This new watch features open-worked hands throughout to imbue the design with a note of sportiness. A splash of lime is used to identify the chronograph hands to echo the design of the Aston Martin F1 car. The counterweight on the central chronograph hand emulates the side strakes widely used on numerous Aston Martin road cars.
This ground-breaking watch unites two worlds, namely, micro-mechanics and the extreme performance of Formula One™️. The Aston Martin Aramco Cognizant Formula One™️ Team is based in Silverstone, England, close to the iconic racetrack. With this in mind, the Girard-Perregaux Laureato Absolute Chronograph Aston Martin F1 Edition is limited to 306 pieces, the total distance drivers Lance Stroll and Sebastian Vettel will aim to cover on race day (5.891km x 52 laps) at the 2022 British Grand Prix.
Girard-Perregaux has fitted this emblematic case with its self-winding chronograph movement, driving two counter and small seconds as well as a date display. As well as guaranteeing impeccably accurate timekeeping, it is distinguished by its comfortable power reserve and the particularly smooth activation of its pushers. Its horological qualities are complemented by exemplary finishing including “Côtes de Genève”, chamfering and straight graining, all stemming from the multiple skills cultivated within the Manufacture. For the first time on a Laureato Absolute Chronograph, the rear of the watch is fitted with a pane of sapphire crystal. Now, the wearer can view the automatic Manufacture movement, the Calibre GP03300-1058.