Availability: see it at 430 Park Avenue, NYC
- Case: polished titanium
- Size: 42.4 mm x 9.2 mm thick
- Movement: Titanium balance wheel with white gold inserts, optimized for temperature differences and air penetration. All steels are hand-beveled and polished Chromium-plated steel chronograph bridges with drawn lines Hand-snailed barrels Handmade finishing decorations
- Function: monopusher chronograph
- Power Reserve: approximately 60 hrs
- Water Resistance: 30 m
- Dial: Silver, radiating guilloche 12 sectors. Blue arabic numbers. silvered barley grain engine-turned subdial at 6 o'clock.
- Caseback: open -sapphire crystal
- Hands: Hour hands, minutes, polished titanium seconds and minutes counters
- Strap/Bracelet: Extra-supple alligator leather, alligator lining with titanium buckle and pin
De Bethune announces its 31st in-house calibre with the release of the monopusher chronograph DB Eight.
The DB Eight is an evolution in De Bethune’s exploration of the single-pusher chronograph. Together, Denis Flageollet and Claire Wolf designed a classic guilloché dial and a brand-new chronograph calibre by placing its counter at 6 o’clock to provide a highly readable 60-minute indication. When the chronograph is reset to zero, the tail of the chronograph hand subtly covers that of the minutes counter in such a way that the hands are overlaid.
This is the 31st calibre produced by De Bethune and its fourth monopusher chronograph base calibre after the DB1, DB8 and Maxichrono. Denis Flageollet and Claire Wolf chose to develop a classic column-wheel mechanism equipped with an instantaneous minutes counter. All the elements of the escapement and balance are based on the finest elements featured in De Bethune calibres, notably its patented balance-spring with flat terminal curve, titanium balance with white gold inertia-blocks, along with the silicon escape-wheel.
The DB Eight perfectly combines technical progress, state-of-the-art materials, refined design and a harmonious movement. Its pure design features all-titanium exterior elements including the case middle, case-back, bezel and hands. The DB Eight is both an update of a beloved classic and a versatile new timepiece well suited to everyday wear.