DB28XP Steel WheelsReference# DB28SXPTIS1
Availability: see it at 430 Park Avenue, NYC
- Limited Edition: 25 pieces
- Case: polished titanium
- Size: 43 mm x 7.2 mm thick
- Movement: hand-wound manufacture movement DB2115V6; self-regulating twin barrel, titanium balance wheel with white gold inserts
- Function: hours, minutes
- Power Reserve: approximately six days
- Water Resistance: 30 m
- Dial: Polished Titanium hours ring with polished titanium spherical hour-markers, circular satin-brushed titanium minutes ring
- Caseback: solid, in polished titanium; engraved ring in blued circular satin-finished titanium; titanium plate with "microlight" decoration and De Bethune logo
- Hands: Polished Titatnium hands with polished blued titanium inserts
- Strap/Bracelet: hand-stitched alligator leather with titanium buckle and pin
The new DB28 Steel Wheels is all about transparency and light, thanks to a dial providing stunning views of the mesmerizing movement architecture. In keeping with the design codes of its predecessors, it perpetuates the heritage of the maison: an ideal blend of daring aesthetics and exceptional mechanics.
In unveiling the very heart of its horological expertise, De Bethune is revealing cutting-edge technology dedicated to serving art: a double self-regulating barrel ensuring a six-day power reserve, a signature De Bethune balance-spring with flat terminal curve, a silicon escape-wheel, a triple pare-chute shock-absorbing system, as well as a new even more high-performance titanium balance-wheel with white gold inserts.
The distinctive architecture of caliber 2115V6 is beautifully highlighted by the decision to trim down the mechanism, notably by openworking the barrels and ratchet wheels, as well as cutting out the heart of the central delta-shaped bridge. The latter is adorned with a “Côtes De Bethune” decoration, produced using the microlight micrometric engraving technique developed by De Bethune. The entire movement thus creates the impression of levitating.
The ratcheted chapter ring inspired by gear-wheel toothing surrounds 12 polished spheres marking the hours and adding to the overall volume of the mechanism. The new hours hand, made of sapphire rimmed by blued steel, reveals the heart of the movement. Each detail of the anatomy of this new creation is thus open to view.