Océan d’Or 5N Rose GoldReference# Océan d’Or 5N
- Limited Edition: 8 pieces
- Case: 5N Rose gold case
- Size: 41.5 mm
- Movement: automatic-winding caliber SXH3, COSC-certified
- Function: date, Chronometer
- Power Reserve: approximately 65 hours
- Water Resistance: 50 m
- Dial: Blue Handcrafted Guilloché "Résonance" dial with 5n rose gold subdials
- Caseback: sapphire crystal
- Hands: Luminescent 5n rose gold hands and indexes
- Strap/Bracelet: hand-stitched alligator leather
The Faubourg de Cracovie chronograph is the company’s third collection and was named after the location of Czapek’s third boutique, which he opened in 1850 in Warsaw, Poland.
Czapek’s first chronograph is driven by a bespoke automatic movement, the SXH3. It delivers 65 hours of power reserve from a single barrel that drives the balance wheel at 36,000 vph and is COSC certified. The movement makes use of some of the most advanced and effective mechanical elements, like the linear hammer, which reduces wear and tear on parts and resets all the associated dials in one easy movement. A modern solution, the vertical clutch, ensures a perfect start for the chronograph hand. Finally, the diamond-blasted anthracite bridges give the final aesthetic twist to the movement visible through the transparent caseback.
Czapek reintroduces the fascinating handmade guilloché of the Quai des Bergues collection with a new design named “Résonance.” Intersecting circular lines form a pattern of bas-relief squares that make the dial come alive. This traditional technique was made possible by the rose engine lathe, which was devised in the late 18th century and became a key machine in fine dial-making. The guilloché design goes back to François Czapek himself.