LM2 White GoldReference# 02.WL.WManufacturer's retail price: $156,000.00Compare
- Case: 18-karat white gold
- Size: 44mm
- Movement: hand-wound caliber
- Function: planetary differential transmits the average rate of the two regulators to the single gear train
- Power Reserve: approximately 45 hours
- Water Resistance: 30m
- Dial: anthracite movement, white dial
- Caseback: sapphire crystal
- Strap/Bracelet: hand-stitched alligator leather
MB&F celebrates the pioneering works of past masters and complications with Legacy Machine No.2.
Suspended high above the dial, the double “flying” balances are in fact the most visible parts of two fully independent regulating systems, each beating at its own rate. The planetary differential sits proud of the surface, supported by a stunning double-arc mirror-polished bridge. The complex differential is the key element in the double regulator system: the rates are averaged out by the mechanism, which drives the blued gold hour and minute hands of the white stretched-lacquer sub dial. To make things just a bit more complicated, the two flying balances and their escapements are identical mirror images, right down to the position of the stud holders pinning their balance springs.