Arnold & Son
Golden WheelReference# 1HVAR.M01A.C120AManufacturer's retail price: $48,950.00Compare
- Limited Edition: 125 pieces
- Case: 18-karat rose gold
- Size: 44mm
- Movement: automatic winding manufacture caliber A&S6018
- Function: wandering hours
- Power Reserve: approximately 50 hours
- Water Resistance: 30m
- Dial: silvery and white mother-of-pearl
- Caseback: sapphire crystal
- Strap/Bracelet: hand-stitched alligator
The Golden Wheel timepiece is a unique three-dimensional interpretation of the ancient wandering hours complication that has roots in table clocks of the mid-17th century. The Golden Wheel combines the first-ever wandering hours function with the true beat seconds complication.
The wandering hours function, also known as a jumping digital hours indication, occupies the top arc of the watch dial (from 10 o'clock to 2 o'clock). Beneath it, Arnold & Son fills the time-carrousel of the Golden Wheel with a true beat seconds hand from the central axis - adding visual complexity and elegant motion.