Galet RegulateurReference# LCF026.ACManufacturer's retail price: $40,000.00Compare
- Case: stainless steel
- Size: 40mm
- Movement: automatic winding caliber
- Function: regulator-style display
- Power Reserve: approximately 72 hours
- Water Resistance: 30m
- Dial: silver-toned with vertical satin-brushed finish
- Caseback: sapphire crystal
- Strap/Bracelet: hand-sewn alligator leather
For the second model to use the Montre Ecole – or School Piece – case, the brand has turned to a layout that isn't merely familiar to watchmakers. It is one that also represents a type of clock that would have been used to guide the watchmaker when making, servicing or regulating a timepiece.
The Laurent Ferrier Regulateur uses the Galet Micro-Rotor movement as its base, which is housed in a School Piece case. Its visage is classical, with the most important of the three indicators – the large, centrally positioned hand – displaying the minutes. Above the center (at 12 o’clock) is the hours display, while below it (at 6 o’clock) is the seconds subdial.