FiftySix Day-DateReference# 4400E/000A-B437Manufacturer's retail price: $17,400.00Compare
- Case: stainless steel
- Size: 40mm
- Movement: automatic winding manufacture caliber 2475 SC/2
- Function: day, date, power reserve
- Power Reserve: approximately 40 hours
- Water Resistance: 30m
- Dial: gray opaline center, sunburst exterior, snailed counters
- Caseback: sapphire crystal
- Hands: luminous hands and markers
- Strap/Bracelet: Mississippiensis alligator leather with calf inner shell
FiftySix – a name and a date evoking an iconic model presented in 1956: the reference 6073. Its design expresses the particularly abundant creativity displayed by Vacheron Constantin during the 1950s. This timepiece is distinguished by its shape – and notably its lugs, each representing a branch of the Maltese cross which has become an emblem of the manufacture.
The FiftySix Day-Date’s 40mm case provides additional functions driven by its self-winding movement, caliber 2475 SC/2. Equipped with a stop-seconds device, the latter powers the day of the week indication appearing at 9 o’clock, the date at 3 o’clock and the power-reserve display at 6 o’clock.
In keeping with the characteristic face of this collection, this version features a monochrome dial with double opaline-sunburst effect, enhanced by the additional contrast of its two snailed counters. Gold Arabic numerals, hour-markers and hours and minutes hands punctuate the dial of this Fifty-Six model.