DB28T Black GoldReference# DB28TRS8ZN/SManufacturer's retail price: $215,000.00Compare
- Case: 18-karat rose gold with anthracite zirconium floating lugs
- Size: 42.6mm
- Movement: hand-wound manufacture caliber DB 2019
- Function: 30-second tourbillon, power reserve
- Power Reserve: approximately 5 days
- Dial: openworked with black mirror-polished center
- Caseback: sapphire crystal
- Strap/Bracelet: alligator leather
Sometimes mirror-polished for a shiny look, sometimes satin-brushed for a matte finish, black zirconium is a key element in the composition of the cases and floating lugs of the DB28T Black Gold.
It’s powered by DB Calibre 2019, a mechanical hand-wound movement equipped with the De Bethune silicon/titanium tourbillon. De Bethune has undertaken a complete rethinking of the tourbillon in terms of its use in wristwatches. The laws of physical are implacable: to compensate for the random “violence” of wrist movements, the carriage must be as light as possible, with a high frequency and a maximum rotation speed, along with minimum weight and inertia. Based on new technologies, De Bethune has developed an 0.18 g silicon-titanium tourbillon fitted inside a carriage that spins on its axis every 30 seconds, and equipped with a balance-wheel oscillating at a frequency of 36,000 vibrations per hour.