Arnold & Son
CTBReference# 1CHAS.S02A.C121SManufacturer's retail price: $27,750.00Compare
- Case: stainless steel
- Size: 44mm
- Movement: automatic winding manufacture calibre A&S7103
- Function: split-seconds chronograph
- Power Reserve: approximately 50 hours
- Water Resistance: 30m
- Dial: light gray and silvery opaline
- Caseback: sapphire crystal
- Strap/Bracelet: hand-stitched black alligator
The world's first chronograph with a central true beat seconds hand. Sometimes referred to as a dead beat seconds, the true beat seconds is a precision function wherein the seconds beat incrementally as opposed to sweeping along the dial - allowing for more accurate reading.
To accomplish this function was no easy feat. However, Arnold & Son has taken the idea to new heights by incorporating the true beat seconds on the same axis as the chronograph seconds hand. The result, when the continually running chronograph hand is started, is visually amazing. It gives the impression that it can catch up to the true beat seconds hand, but this never happens since the true beat seconds hand jumps away each second in a delightful and entrancing game of cat and mouse.