Patrimony Retrograde Day-DateReference# 4000U/000R-B516
- Case: 18-karat rose gold
- Size: 42.5mm
- Movement: automatic manufacture caliber 2460 R31R7/2, Hallmark of Geneva Certified
- Function: retrograde day and day of the week
- Power Reserve: approximately 40 hours
- Water Resistance: 30m
- Dial: midnight blue with sunburst satin-finishing
- Caseback: sapphire crystal
- Strap/Bracelet: "dark blue Mississippiensis alligator leather with calf inner shell and tone-on-tone stitching, square scales"
- Factory Warranty: two years
Purity meets manufacture-style elegance in this beautifully nuanced interpretation of the Patrimony collection enshrining the full range of Vacheron Constantin talents. An apparently classic yet intrinsically complex watch offering peerless refinement, intended for the most expert and discerning connoisseurs.
As original as it is technically complicated, the double-retrograde display of the Patrimony Retrograde Day-Date is a delight to observe during the transition from the 31st of one month to the 1st of the next, or from Sunday to Monday.
At 42.5mm in diameter and just 9.7mm thick, this horological wonder bears the imprint of the talented watchmakers within the manufacture who have so skillfully preserved the pleasing proportions of the Patrimony collection. By entrusting the single crown with controlling all functions, they have eliminated any protuberance and thus maintained the smooth lines of this historical case. The alligator strap fitted with a folding clasp ensures the continuity of the delightfully 1950s-tinged style.
The undeniably complex self-winding caliber 2460 R31R7/2 is visible through the transparent sapphire crystal caseback. Its 276 components operate within a thickness of just 5.4mm, while ensuring optimal reliability and power reserve.