FiftySix Complete CalendarReference# 4000E/000R-B438
- Case: 18-karat rose gold
- Size: 40mm
- Movement: automatic winding manufacture caliber 2460 QCL/1, Hallmark of Geneva Certified
- Function: day, date, month, moon phase, age of the moon
- Power Reserve: approximately 40 hours
- Water Resistance: 30m
- Dial: silvered, opaline center, sunburst exterior
- Caseback: sapphire crystal
- Hands: luminous hands and markers
- Strap/Bracelet: Mississippiensis alligator leather with calf inner shell
- Factory Warranty: two years
FiftySix – a name and a date evoking an iconic model presented in 1956: the reference 6073. Its design expresses the particularly abundant creativity displayed by Vacheron Constantin during the 1950s. This timepiece is distinguished by its shape – and notably its lugs, each representing a branch of the Maltese cross which has become an emblem of the manufacture.
The FiftySix Complete Calendar model is the collection highlight. Behind the understated elegance of its monochrome dial with opaline-sunburst effect lies one of the horological complications most appreciated by discerning connoisseurs and collectors. The indications of the day of the week, date, month and moon phase are driven by a self-winding movement, caliber 2460 QCL/1, equipped with a 22-karat openworked oscillating weight adorned with the Maltese cross emblem. Its construction and its extreme precision mean that the moon- phase function requires adjustment only once every 122 years (compared with once every three years or a standard moon phase).
The collection’s characteristic dial is graced with two rectangular apertures at 12 o’clock, respectively indicating the month and the day of the week. The date is displayed by a central gold hand, while the moon disc at 6 o’clock features a blue night sky and 18-karat gold moons.