Bugatti Aérolithe PerformanceReference# PFC329-3001400-XC1442
- Case: titanium
- Size: 41mm
- Movement: automatic winding manufacture caliber PF335
- Function: chronograph, date
- Power Reserve: approximately 50 hours
- Water Resistance: 30m
- Dial: black
- Caseback: sapphire crystal
- Hands: delta-shaped with luminous coating
- Strap/Bracelet: calfskin by Hermès
- Factory Warranty: three years
Hiding his work from his father Ettore, Jean Bugatti built the Bugatti Aérolithe, creating it from a highly flammable magnesium alloy that made welding impossible. The body was designed in two parts joined by an ingenious riveted dorsal seam. Shortly after it was unveiled in 1935, this incredible car which fell from the sky – hence its meteorite-inspired name – disappeared from the surface of the earth, its brief passage marked by just a few photographs.
When creating the Bugatti Aérolithe Performance, Parmigiani Fleurier was inspired by its beauty and mystery; the case is made entirely from titanium, a metal found in the meteorites that race through our atmosphere. This high-tech piece uses laser technology to apply finishes beyond the capability of conventional machining.