Master Control Date – blue dialReference# Q4018480
- Limited Edition: 800 timepieces
- Case: stainless steel
- Size: 40 mm x 8.78 mm thick
- Movement: automatic-winding manufacture caliber 899
- Function: date, hour - minutes, seconds
- Power Reserve: approximately 70 hours
- Water Resistance: 50 m
- Dial: Blue, sunray-brushed
- Caseback: sapphire crystal
- Hands: dauphines
- Strap/Bracelet: blue calfskin strap, stainless steel double folding buckle
- Factory Warranty: eight years
The new Master Control Date is adorned in two shades of deep blue, its sunray-brushed dial reveals its functions with perfect legibility while the details of the minute track, hour-markers, and date appear in tone-on-tone. The navy-blue center of the dial and the lighter blue minute track echo the calfskin strap, finished in the same color.
Thanks to its slim movement, Caliber 899, the 40mm steel case of the Master Control Date is just 8.78mm thick. A Jaeger-LeCoultre mainstay since its introduction fifteen years ago, Caliber 899 has been repeatedly updated to incorporate the latest performance-enhancing technology.
Revised again for the new Master Control collection, the latest-generation Caliber 899 features a new escapement and pallets: reconstructed in a slightly modified shape, they are made of silicon to minimize friction and thus consume less energy. The central-seconds wheel has been redesigned to eliminate shaking; the fixing screws of the oscillating wheel are made of highly resistant titanium, rather than steel; and new oils, specifically formulated for the new materials, have been used. In order to increase the power reserve to 70 hours, the barrel was redesigned to accommodate a stronger and longer mainspring without increasing the 3.3mm height of the movement.