Master Control CalendarReference# Q4148420
- Case: stainless steel
- Size: 40mm
- Movement: automatic-winding manufacture caliber 866
- Function: jumping date, month, moon phase
- Power Reserve: approximately 70 hours
- Water Resistance: 50m
- Dial: silver sunray, applied indexes
- Caseback: sapphire crystal
- Strap/Bracelet: Novonappa calfskin
- Factory Warranty: eight years
In the 1940s and ’50s Jaeger-LeCoultre was renowned for its triple calendar moon-phase movements, and the new Master Control Calendar brings that tradition into the 21st century. With a case measuring 40mm x 10.95mm, it is offered in either steel or Le Grand Rose gold.
The finely balanced classical layout of the dial is retained, with the dates marked around the periphery, indicated by a red-tipped hand, the days and months displayed in the upper part of the dial, and the moon-phase set within the small seconds subdial in the lower part. But there is a fresh new twist to the date display: as well as updating Caliber 866 with the same performance-enhancing improvements made to cal.899, Jaeger-LeCoultre’s engineers have added a delightful new jumping complication. Every month, the date hand makes a 90-degree leap from the 15th to the 16th, in order not to obscure the moon-phase display.