H4 MetropolisReference# 512-TD-45-GF-RNManufacturer's retail price: $94,000.00Compare
- Limited Edition: 100 pieces
- Case: titanium, black DLC bezel
- Size: 51mm
- Movement: hand-wound manufacture caliber
- Function: light-up movement, power reserve, retrograde fluid hour indicator
- Power Reserve: approximately 65 hours
- Water Resistance: 50m
- Dial: openworked
- Caseback: sapphire crystal
- Strap/Bracelet: rubber with integrated NOMEX canvas
The H4 Metropolis is equipped with a light source. Under the rider at 6 o'clock, HYT has concealed two LEDs. Once activated, they flood the entire dial with blue light. At night, the green fluid is energized by this light source, becoming perfectly visible. At the same time, the wash of light flows into every nook and cranny of the caliber, literally bringing this skeleton architecture to life, and defying the laws of watchmaking.
The generator has been nestled between 4 and 5 o'clock. It is invisible, and activated by the push-piece located opposite on the case middle. The process is broadly that of a dynamo: converting mechanical power into light energy. It is the rotation of the push-piece at 4:30 that winds the generator. Pressure on this same push-piece then activates the two LEDs, which bathe the Metropolis in a soft blue light. This illumination is possible for a maximum of five seconds, after which the mechanism must be reinitialized. No battery is needed for this process, which is fully mechanical.