Ultra-Thin TourbillonReference# CJ.AS.Pl.GR.T.2022
- Limited Edition: 28 pieces
- Case: platinum
- Size: 41.5 mm
- Movement: Calibre A&S8300 - Ultrathin Tourbillon
- Function: hours, minutes
- Water Resistance: 30 m
- Dial: ‘Cosmic Grené’. Gold powder mixed with aluminum sparkles has been placed on the dial plate to create a lightly sandblasted surface.
- Caseback: sapphire srystal
- Strap/Bracelet: green alligator leather, hand-stitched with pt950
Ultra-thin Tourbillon Platinum
The Ultra-thin Tourbillon models feature a new type of dial using a singular manufacturing technique known as ‘Cosmic Grené’. Gold powder mixed with aluminum sparkles has been placed on the dial plate to create a lightly sandblasted surface. This is then colored: blue for the Ultrathin Tourbillon in red gold, and green for the platinum version.
The UTTE is a mere 8.34mm thick and is powered by a movement that was developed designed and manufactured entirely in house at the brand’s La Chaux-de-Fonds workshops.
The UTTE is part of Arnold & Son’s Instrument Collection, wherein timepieces are easily identified by their dial design, with off-center position of the hours and minutes to allow for the display of other complications without one overlapping the other. The UTTE follows this design aesthetic, with the spherical tourbillon occupying the lower portion of the dial.