Little Lange 1Reference# 181.038
- Case: 18-karat white gold
- Size: 36.8mm
- Movement: hand-wound manufacture caliber L121.1
- Function: big date, power reserve, stop seconds
- Power Reserve: approximately 72 hours
- Dial: solid gold, gray guilloché
- Caseback: sapphire crystal
- Strap/Bracelet: hand-stitched alligator leather
- Factory Warranty: two years
The Lange 1 is A. Lange & Söhne’s iconic design classic. Since 1994, it has stood for the manufactory’s ambition to build the world’s finest watches. Without that watch, showcasing an asymmetric dial and the prominent outsize date, the traditional brand would not have become what it is today. In terms of technical and artisanal features, the Little Lange 1 has just as much to offer as its larger sibling. “Little” merely refers to its case diameter of 36.8mm.
The manually wound caliber L121.1. movement, originally introduced with the Lange 1, ticks beneath the asymmetric dial. The technical features of the watch include the powerful twin mainspring barrel that keeps it running for three days, the characteristic Up/Down power-reserve indicator, the instantaneously jumping outsize date and the balance with eccentric poising weights and an in-house manufactured hairspring. Manifestations of the artisanship nurtured by A. Lange & Söhne include the three-quarter plate made of German silver and decorated with Glashütte ribbing, eight screwed gold chatons, and the whiplash-spring beat adjustment device on the manually engraved balance cock.