Zeitwerk Striking TimeReference# 145.032
- Case: 18-karat rose gold
- Size: 44.2mm
- Movement: hand-wound manufacture calibre L043.2
- Function: jump hours and minutes, minute repeater, power reserve
- Power Reserve: approximately 36 hours
- Dial: silver
- Caseback: sapphire crystal
- Strap/Bracelet: hand-stitched crocodile
- Factory Warranty: two years
In the Zeitwerk Striking Time, key chiming mechanism components are visibly integrated into the dial design. The black- polished steel hammers can be seen on either side of the subsidiary seconds dial: one on the right for the quarter hours and one on the left for the full hours.
The two gongs, embedded in a recess between the dial and bezel, are also readily recognizable. Every 15 minutes, the mechanism triggers the striking of one of the two gongs. Three higher-pitched tones sound each quarter hour, while a low-pitched tone chimes the top of the hour. The chiming mechanism can be deactivated to prevent any disturbance during the night or at a meeting. A push piece at 4 o’clock raises the hammers and silences the watch. This process can be observed through the sapphire-crystal glass, so it is always apparent whether the mechanism is switched on or off.