1815 ChronographReference# 414.028
- Case: 18-karat white gold
- Size: 39.5mm
- Movement: hand-wound manufacture movement L951.5
- Function: flyback chronograph, pulsimeter scale
- Power Reserve: approximately 60 hours
- Dial: solid silver, black
- Caseback: sapphire crystal
- Strap/Bracelet: hand-stitched alligator leather
- Factory Warranty: two years
As an extension of the 1815 watch family, A. Lange & Söhne is presenting a further version of the 1815 Chronograph. It persuasively combines a white-gold case and a black dial with a pulsimeter scale.
The ability to measure times has always been one of the most useful and exciting functions of a mechanical watch. This applies in particular when the many levers and springs of the chronograph can be observed in action. A. Lange & Söhne has been crafting models with stopwatch functions since 1999 – fitted with sapphire-crystal casebacks like all other Lange watches.
The 1815 Chronograph was added to the 1815 family in 2004. It is a paragon of classic design combined with advanced technology. The traditional style elements reminiscent of the pocket-watch era include the railway-track minute scale and the symmetrically arranged subsidiary dials – the subsidiary seconds on the left and the 30-minute counter on the right. They emphasize the balanced proportions of the watch.