GMTReference# 9100 1406Compare
- Case: 18-karat white gold
- Size: 43.5mm
- Movement: hand-wound manufacture caliber GF05
- Function: dual time/GMT, inclined tourbillon, power reserve
- Power Reserve: approximately 72 hours
- Water Resistance: 30m
- Dial: openworked
- Caseback: sapphire crystal
- Strap/Bracelet: hand-stitched alligator
With the GMT, Robert Greubel and Stephen Forsey have focused their attention on displaying both a second time zone and universal world time as intuitively as possible. The second time zone is a highly practical complication and is greatly valued by connoisseurs, globetrotting businessmen, frequent leisure travellers and those with family and friends around the world.
The GMT offers an original method of visualising world time by means of a rotating three-dimensional globe in conjunction with a second time zone indication. A 25° inclined Tourbillon 24 Secondes escapement regulates the timing of the movement.
The globe simultaneously permits the visualisation of the time as well as the position of day and night across different continents via the 24-hour ring around the equator and the caseband window, which symbolises the position of the sun on the earth.