WatchTime New York will return for its third edition October 13 and 14 at Manhattan’s elegant Gotham Hall. This luxurious consumer weekend experience is produced by WatchTime Magazine, America’s best-selling and most influential media brand devoted to wristwatch collectors and enthusiasts. With this premiere consumer watch event, the magazine is leading the way in building a community beyond its pages, bringing collectors and brands together in a weekend long celebration of watchmaking. This year, WatchTime New York reflects the show’s success and momentum in its third year by presenting a record number of 28 exhibitors and more educational experiences than ever before.
WatchTime New York’s 2017 exhibiting brands include A. Lange & Söhne, Omega, Tag Heuer, Jaeger Le-Coultre, MB&F, Moritz Grossmann, Carl F. Bucherer, Voutilainen, Czapek, and more. From internationally renowned manufacturers to up-and-coming independents, each brand will showcase its newest and most fascinating timepieces— some of which will be launched in the U.S.A. for the first time. Guests will have the opportunity to see and try on these world-class wristwatches as well as mingle with watch company executives, industry experts, and fellow watch collectors and enthusiasts, including WatchTime Editor-in-Chief Roger Ruegger and Instagram star Anish Bhatt, founder of the Watch Anish watch blog.
The festivities begin Friday evening, October 13 with a VIP cocktail event (5:30-8:30PM), and a few words of welcome from industry luminaries and partners. In a testament to the show’s prestige amongst consumer collectors, spread largely by word-of-mouth and social media buzz, this year the Friday October 13 VIP reception had already sold out by July, three months ahead of the show opening, and WatchTime has released more tickets to accommodate the popular demand.
Saturday, October 14 offers a full day of browsing, shopping, mingling, and an opportunity to observe watchmakers plying their trade at the bench, hosted by several exhibitors on the show floor. There will also be a full Saturday line-up of collector experiences, educational tours, panels, and meet-and-greets (11AM-5P) including:
- A pre-show panel and Q&A: “Meet the Watchmaking Stars” moderated by Jeff Kingston, featuring renowned watchmakers Kari Voutilainen, Roland Murphy, Antoine Presuzio, and Romain Gauthier, discussing how and why they started their watchmaking careers.
- Two guided watch tours and talks by leading watch collector and brand consultant Jeff Kingston -Panel of Watch Experts discussing Watchmaking Today, moderated by Roger Ruegger, WatchTime Editor-in-Chief, and featuring expert panelists Ruediger Albers (President Wempe USA), Nicholas Manousos (President, Horological Society of New York), Gabriel Benador (Private collector) & Anish Bhatt (Founder of Watch Anish)
- “Inside Basel Geneva” presentation, by leading watch collector and brand consultant Jeff Kingston gives collectors insider analysis and a recap of the most notable watches of BASELWORLD 2017
- “Meet the Brands: A Chance to Meet Watch Company Executives,” Panel and Meet-and-greet – guests to be announced
- “James Bond’s Watches: Six Decades of Memorable Timepieces from Printed Page to Silver Screen” – Hosted by WatchTime Digital Editor Mark Bernardo
With its expanded line-up of 28 watch exhibitors, new educational experiences, and growing reputation as the consumer watch show in the US, the 2017 edition of WatchTime New York is expected to surpass all attendance records. Based on current ticket sales and attendance in 2016, the WatchTime New York team projects close to 1,000 attendees over the course of the two-day show, including notable international watch collectors, timepiece enthusiasts, journalists, and social media influencers.
Guests may purchase tickets at www.watchtimenewyork.com.