Following the latest version of its iconic Overseas collection, Vacheron Constantin offers the Overseas World Time. See the collection now at Cellini.
Three interpretations – with a blue, silver-toned or brown dial – created in a spirit of casual elegance and practical convenience are more than ever dedicated to travelers wishing to keep track of the time around the world at a single glance.
The dial of the Overseas world time displays no less than 37 time zones, including those that are off-set by a half-hour or quarter-hour in relation to UTC time. The display comprises three parts. The center features a “Lambert” projection map depicting the continents (enhanced by a sunburst satin-brushed finish) and the oceans (in a velvet finish), along with a translucent lacquered disc bearing the city names. A third sapphire disc laid over the map provides day/night indications by means of subtly graded smoky tints, synchronized with the 24-hour disc. Finally, a translucent lacquered velvet-finished outer ring serves to indicate the hours and minutes.
An ideal travel companion, the Overseas world time model features a 43.5mm-diameter case housing Caliber 2460 WT. This self-winding movement patented, developed and crafted by Vacheron Constantin operates at a frequency of 28,800 vibrations per hour and enjoys a 40-hour power reserve. Its 22-karat gold oscillating weight bears a wind rose – a universal symbol indicating the cardinal points for travelers – adorned with sandblasted, polished and finely grained finishing. All the indications powered by this mechanism are smoothly and easily adjusted via the crown.
The comfort and flexibility of this new model bearing the Hallmark of Geneva extend right the way through to its bracelet featuring an easy-fit system. In addition, an ingenious interchangeable solution for these bracelets and their folding clasp means they can be switched and secured without any tools, while guaranteeing the same firm hold as on any traditional fixed bracelet.
- 7700V/110A-B129 – silver-toned dial
- 7700V/110A-B172 – blue dial
- 7700V/110A-B176 – brown dial
- Vacheron Constantin manufacture automatic caliber 2460 WT
- Hallmark of Geneva certified timepieces
- 22-karat gold Overseas oscillating weight
- Approximately 40 hours of power reserve
- 4 Hz (28,800 vibrations/hour)
- Hours and minutes
- Central seconds
- World time indication (37 cities)
- Day-night indication
- Stainless steel
- 43.5mm diameter, 12.6mm thick
- Soft iron casing ring ensuring anti-magnetic protection
- Screwed-down crown
- Transparent sapphire crystal caseback
- Water-resistance to approximately 150 meters
- Map of the northern hemisphere with sunburst satin-finished continents & velvet-finished seas. Translucent silver-toned/blue/brown lacquered disc with transferred city names
- Sapphire disc with transferred day/night and 24-hour indications (period between 6.30 pm and 6.30 am highlighted with a black background)
- Translucent silver-toned/blue/brown lacquered ring, opalin-finished, transferred minute-track
- 18-carat gold hours and minutes hands highlighted with white luminescent material
- Stainless steel bracelet, half Maltese cross-shaped polished and satin-brushed links
- Delivered with a second black/blue/brown Mississippiensis alligator leather strap featuring a black nubuck lining with a micro-perforated effect, hand-stitched, large square scales
- Delivered with a third strap in black/blue/brown rubber
- Stainless steel bracelet secured by a stainless steel triple-blade folding clasp with push-pieces and comfort-adjustment system
- Delivered with a second stainless steel triple-blade folding clasp with push-pieces and interchangeable system (patent pending) compatible with both additional straps