Skull MaoriReference# 513-CB-43-RF-MVManufacturer's retail price: $120,000.00Compare
- Limited Edition: 15 pieces
- Case: black DLC titanium, 18-karat rose gold
- Size: 51mm
- Movement: hand-wound manufacture caliber
- Function: power reserve, retrograde fluid hour indicator
- Power Reserve: approximately 65 hours
- Water Resistance: 50m
- Dial: rose gold skull, engraved
- Caseback: sapphire crystal
- Strap/Bracelet: leather, laser engraved pattern
Even at first glance the Skull makes a striking impression, simply because it epitomizes and at the same time breaks away from everything that HYT represents. It is provocative, unique and has a bold design supported by the fluid mechanics that have become the brand's signature style. The Skull speaks for itself. Its development, however, was anything but obvious.
When asked what the driving force behind the creation of the Skull Maori was, HYT Art Director Xavier Casals discussed the desire to further emphasize the skull shape of the piece by using a rare and traditional hand engraving, a beautiful Metier d'Art. Casals added that the use of the Maori tribal tattoo, often associated with a skull, was another integral part to the concept.