LM101 Frost YGReference# 51.YL.FWManufacturer's retail price: $61,000.00Compare
- Limited Edition: 18 pieces
- Case: 18-karat yellow gold
- Size: 40mm
- Movement: hand-wound manufacture movement
- Function: power reserve, balance wheel suspended over dial
- Power Reserve: approximately 45 hours
- Water Resistance: 30m
- Dial: frosted movement, white dials
- Caseback: sapphire crystal
- Strap/Bracelet: hand-stitched alligator leather
Frost. Brrrrr! For many, the word “frost” conjures forth images of breath-condensing cold and bright, early-morning winter sunshine scintillating off frost-covered lawns. That natural frost sparkles vivaciously due to light reflecting off the microscopically uneven ice crystals – exactly like the LM101 Frost sparkles due to light reflecting off its microscopically uneven frosted surface.
First presented in 2014, Legacy Machine 101 embodies and accentuates what is essential in a wristwatch: the balance wheel, which is responsible for regulating precision; how much power remains in the mainspring, which indicates when it needs to be next wound; and of course, the time. With the new ‘Frost’ limited editions, those essential LM101 elements now contrast magnificently against the effervescent backdrop of the frosted gold dial − which paradoxically is not really a dial at all, but the top plate of the movement. Additional contrast is provided by Frost’s highly polished bezel and lugs, which make the matte surface of the frosted dial really pop.