Galet Traveller USAReference# LCF012.G1.GE07Manufacturer's retail price: $84,000.00Compare
- Limited Edition: 10 pieces
- Case: 18-karat white gold
- Size: 41mm
- Movement: automatic winding manufacture caliber LF230.01
- Function: date, dual time/GMT
- Power Reserve: approximately 80 hours
- Water Resistance: 30m
- Dial: champleve enamel depiction of North America
- Caseback: sapphire crystal
- Strap/Bracelet: hand-sewn alligator
Laurent Ferrier offers a special limited edition of the Galet Traveller timepiece designed exclusively for the US market.
Pedants might note that an "L" should be dropped from the name of this watch, first introduced last year, for a version targeted specifically at the American market, where subtle differences in the use of English mean that many words, "traveller" included, drop their double "l". But Laurent Ferrier has preferred instead to focus on the market in a more literal sense, with a new enamel dial that gives the entire North American continent pride of place.
For aesthetic reasons, the dial has been aligned with the north pole slightly off center and the usual reference point of the Greenwich Meridian rotated roughly 90 degrees anti-clockwise to allow a full view of the United States as far down as northern Latin America, with hints of Europe and Asia visible around the right-hand edge of the dial. It is an unusual perspective that has rarely, if ever, been seen on a watch dial.