ETC EclipseReference# W.DB-003.2Manufacturer's retail price: $9,000.00Compare
- Case: titanium, black PVD-coated lugs, ceramic bezel
- Size: 47mm
- Movement: automatic winding caliber
- Function: chronograph
- Power Reserve: approximately 44 hours
- Water Resistance: 300m
- Dial: black, embossed with W pattern
- Caseback: solid, engraved
- Hands: luminous hands and markers
- Strap/Bracelet: vulcanized rubber
The Waltham ETC takes design cues from the Waltham Type-A13a, a clock used in aircraft like the F4 Phantom, the jet originally used to train pilots in the TOPGUN program.
Rapid readability is the central focus of the ETC, which stands for Elapsed Time Counter. Unlike most chronographs that use separate registers to time events, this model features centrally fixed hands for the minutes and seconds. The sub-dials are related to the time display and include a 24-hour day/night indicator on the left and a small seconds on the right.